Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Braids.



Growing up I HATED them. Mostly because that was ALL I had in my hair, being a  black fully Haitian girl, that was pretty much the only way to tame my naturally thick, unruly curly, tangles of hair.My hair was always in braids full of multiple  barrettes. It was always the same thing and I wanted different. anything other then braids and the ever so often  bun, something I used to hate and now love also.Now that I'm older and able to straighten out my hair, and their are more options on what to do with it, my hate for braids have come full circle to love. 





I love the different types and I like how they  can really pull together a 'look'. Whenever I'm in a rush I usually pull all my hair to one side, do a very quick braid and Im on my way.   Even when its 'messy' it looks nice some how. I love  the simple braid, French braid, double French braid but my current obsession is the Fishtail Braid. I love how it looks, it can be used to look sophisticated but can be easily look fun and effortless. it looks complicated as hell but from the 'How to' 's I've been on and reading, it really isnt as hard as the finished product makes it out to be. I love how it looks on the celebs that have rocked it so I'm DEFINITELY planning on trying it in my own hair :)





No comments:

Post a Comment